Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Day 4 - DEATH BY VOCAB

The grading continues, I have graded so many papers my hands are beginning to turn numb. Just kidding but seriously, I have graded a lot. I want more interaction with the students and maybe even the opportunity to teach.

I have seen countless lectures today on the Soviet Union's geography, and I feel like I have many things to contribute. I really feel like the teacher uses drilling strategies to get the students to learn. By this I mean the teacher is using a strategy I like to call "Death by Vocab", literally every unit the students have pages full of vocab and definitions.

While this may seem like a bad strategy and way to organize the classroom, the teacher does have a very well organized method that seems to work. She constantly reminds my colleague and I, how good test scores are for her class, so I really have no reason to put down this technique, I just feel like my classroom set up and strategy would be very different.

I also asked my teacher if I could do some teaching in the near future, she seemed hesistant and said they are on a strict schedule but maybe I could conduct a mini lesson :( .............. oh well gotta start somewhere and I still think my cooperating teacher is a very good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment