Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 2 in WARRIORVILLE

As good of a time I had at Warren Central Day 1, Day 2 was 5 times better!

When getting to our first class, I witnessed the teacher introducing an assignment that the class was to complete for that day. The teacher described the assignment perfectly, and pointed out many different aspects that helped the kids out tremendously. After this we went around the room, and did our best at helping students with difficult problems throughout the assignment. The assignment was a geography assignment in which the students read an article about the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in the Middle East then answered a worksheet about the article.

While this class period was great to be able to interact with the students, it was not until next period that the day began to elevate.

During the prep period following the first period, I politely asked the teacher if I could introduce the assignment to the class. Mrs. Kines was surprised with joy, and thought that would be a wonderful idea. She was so kind, and generous to let me participate in only my second week at Warren, and I am extremely grateful.

I did my best at introducing the assignment, and only did a few things wrong, however Mrs. Kines was extremely happy for me, was very encouraging, and gave great constructive criticism.

So far our relationship is very good, and I am enjoying my field experience so much. I am glad I was assertive and gave myself the opportunity to participate in class last week. I feel that each and every time I come to Warren we are becoming better educators, and the window of opportunity is growing to participate more in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment